In accordance with its statutes of 1953, the Yacht Club of Monaco (YCM), chaired by H.S.H. Prince Albert II, has been promoting environmental actions for many years, af rming the position of the Principality as the center of the yachting world.
“LA BELLE CLASSE BY THE YCM”
A label that brings together all aspects of yachting
- Organization of environmental symposiums with ship owners and professionals to discuss and imagine the yachting of tomorrow.
- Appointment of Ambassadors “La Belle Classe Superyachts”, in charge of promoting the values of yachting assembled within the charter. The rst signatory and ambassador is Mr. Fiat.
YCM crew expeditions in the service of science
- 2006-2008: Tara Arctic, who crossed and explored the Arctic Ocean.
- 2009-2012: Tara Oceans.
TOURS AROUND THE WORLD
Examples of collaborations, with departure and arrival in Monaco
- 2008-2012: Pangea Expedition, journey around the 5 continents to sensitize the new generation.
- 2010-2012: Planet Solar, the rst exclusively solar-powered boat to travel around the world.
- From May 6th 2016: Pole2Pole Expedition of Mike Horn: Earth Tower via the 2 poles (42.000 km sailing, on road and on foot). Return expected in the Principality in 2018.
- Since Nov. 17, 2016: Yvan Griboval’s OceanoScienti c Expedition: First oceanographic, sailing, solo and energy autonomy data collection in the Antarctic Circumpolar Current under the 3 Caps, which ended on April 2nd, with a return to Monaco in May.